WHAT IS MYOFASCIAL CUPPING?
Myofascial Cupping follows the same basic principal of glass cupping by creating suction (negative pressure) on the surface of the skin. However, instead of using a flame, a suction pump is used. The suction pump becomes a better choice than the traditional method because there is no loss of suction and cups can stay on the skin easier. Myofascial Cupping has one other difference; the treatment is designed to address fascial and muscular lines of the body instead of original meridian lines. Since the pressure is directed away from the skin and muscle tissue, there is a significant pain reduction felt by the client.
BENEFITS WHEN APPLIED AFTER AN INJURY:
• Prevent scarring after an injury
• Correctly aligns collagen fibers
• Assist in reduction of localized inflammation
• Aid in recovery by promoting nutrient-rich blood to injured area
THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS ARE:
• Promote relaxation
• Passively stretch muscle tissue, increase range of motion
• Increase circulation
• Increase lymphatic drainage (detoxification)
• Treat muscular and joint ailments
• Treat tendinitis and tenosynovitis