Pilates provides longer leaner muscles, improves postural alignment, increases core strength, helps prevent injury and functional fitness.
What is Reformer Pilates?
The Reformer is the main piece of equipment used in Pilates exercise. The Reformer glides on rollers and uses springs for resistance, for a wide variety of exercises and positions. It is no-impact (and therefore easy on the joints), allows for modifications for those with injuries or conditions, allows for three-dimensional movement and conditioning, and is suitable for a wide variety of clients (from rehab to pro athlete). It also facilitates balanced strength and flexibility, provides eccentric and concentric muscle contraction, total muscular-skeletal conditioning (muscles and postural alignment), and facilitates core conditioning and peripheral mobility.
By using springs provides gradual resistance as your muscles contract, which ensures the muscles are being worked properly. There is greater resistance at the muscle’s strongest point of contraction and less resistance on the initiation and completion of the contraction so there is less stress on tendons and ligaments.
Benefits of Reformer Pilates:
- Tone & build long, lean muscles without bulk
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, and boost energy through deep stretching
- Restore postural alignment
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine
- Improve circulation
- Offer relief from back pain and joint stress
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina
Raw Therapies offers private and semi-private Reformer Pilates only. All our instructors are highly qualified in matt and reformer pilates
Want to get started? Follow these steps:
- Book in for your Initial Assessment Consultation (60mins)
This Includes a one-on-one basic physical and postural assessment, education on the breathing techniques and muscles used to control posture. It will also include an introduction to the reformer machine and some progressive exercises depending on your goals and target areas. (Yes you will get a workout)
- No doubt you will realise the potential for which Reformer Pilates will provide you! Now its time to secure your preferred training spot. You best option is to purchase a 10 Pack as it allows you to commit to your training and provides you with the true benefits of the pilates fitness. If you are still undecided book yourself 2-3 more private sessions so you can experience what Pilates really has to offer.
- Set your goals and don’t look back.